Thursday 17 April 2014

Short Forms and Internet Slang

I haven't had a clue on what to blog about but not because I didn't know what to blog about, but because I had tooo many ideas and was confused on what to which topic to pick! 

Laziness is yet another reason. So to keep this very simple yet somehow helpful, I decided to tell you all folks about short forms and internet slang. The older generation have a hard time figuring it out so I made up my mind to tell you the full forms of the abbreviated words and tell you what some sentences actually mean. 

I don't quite know alll of it and I don't remember much of it either so I might miss out on a few, so forgive me if what you wanted was not on the list. 

G2G or GTG- Got to go

ASAP- As soon as possible

AFK- Away from keyboard

B4- Before

RYS- Are you single? [I personally never known that people used this but it seems to be common. It can also sometimes mean 'Are you serious?']

LOL- Laugh out loud

ROFL- Roll on the floor laughing

IKR- I know right?

IDC- I don't care; IDK- I don't know

DIY- Do it yourself.

WTF- What the ****? [I need to clear this out. Majority of the adults somehow came to believe that WTF meant 'Well that's fantastic!'. It is NOT what you think. So kindly refrain from using too often.] 

FTW- For the win.

TBH- To be honest

A3- Anywhere, anyplace, anytime

A1T- Anyone there?

GR8 and L8TR- Great and Later

ATM- At the moment

OTP- One True Pairing

GIF- Graphics interchange format. [I don't quite understand this, it's still a bit confusing but from what I think, it's basically making an image that moves over and over again in one particular way.]

Shipping- When you want to people to be in a relationship. For example "I ship 'Brangelina'," [Meaning you want Bradd Pitt and Angelina Jolie to be in a relationship]

Well folks, that's all I could remember. Apologies if anything was rude, vulgar or offensive. 2-3 were from my trustee friend Google and not quite sure if they were used but they seemed to be common phrases so I managed to squeeze that in as well. Hope it helped cleared some of your doubts. 

If you think I left something out or got something wrong, tell me in the comments. Hopefully, next time my post will be of something more meaningful. Till then Au Revoir! 

Take care and keep smiling :) 

Jezi. 


 

No comments:

Post a Comment